Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mystery


I am doing a new thing on my blog and I need your help! I need you to do this mystery with me! I am making it up and you can guess what happened. It will not be a violent thing to do. It will simple. Ok here it is:
On February 23, 2009 there was a box sitting on a table in a mansion. It had a very important thing in that box, but we can't tell you that yet. The next morning the box was still, there but open. Everything that was in it was gone! We did notice that there was a window open in that room. Can you help us?
RULES: You can only leave a comment once for your answer.
HELP: I am going to give clues. Look for different things. Or misspelled things. That might give you a hint. I will post witnesses. I might be a while though. I have to find good pictures. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm guessing an animal was in this box.
The next morning the box was still , there but open .
The box was still, so it had to be moving. Then it was open, obviously it came out itself or taken out.
The window was open, so there are several possibilities.
a.) The window was open, so it could of been the reason why this animal or object left.
b.) If the object/'thing' was stolen, the window could have been used

Another grammer error that could of been written on accident.

It had a very important thing in that box
It is a singular pronoun, so the box was owned by someone.

But since pronouns are used to take place of a noun, the person the pronoun was taking place of was the mansion.

"...there was a box sitting on a table in a mansion. It had a very important thing in that box..."

The confusing part is if the sentence was left as "It was holding an important thing inside." 'It' would be replacing box instead of mansion. But Since "....had a important thing in that box..." 'it' has to be replacing mansion. Or, it is replacing another person. Possible witness?

My brain hurts, but I love things like these.

"We did notice that there......"
&
"Can you help us?"

Obviously, there is one person who is talking for several people the story.

So No I need More Information To Conclude an Answer

Emily said...

By the way, great idea!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Lol, I am in the eighth :D